What Are Extractions?
Tooth extractiona are the removal of a tooth from its socket in the bone.
When Are Extractions Needed?
reasons for extraction:
- If a tooth has been damaged by decay or a fracture, our experts will try to repair it and restore it with a filling, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, the damage is too extensive for the tooth to be repaired. This is the most common reason for extracting a tooth.
- Some people have extra teeth that block other teeth from coming in.
- People undergoing orthodontic work may need teeth extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place.
- People receiving radiation to the head and neck may need to have teeth in the field of radiation extracted.
- People receiving chemotherapy may develop infected teeth because chemotherapy weakens the immune system, increasing the risk of infection. These teeth may need to be extracted.
People receiving an organ transplant may need some teeth extracted if the teeth are at risk of becoming sources of infection after the transplant, when immuno- suppressive medications are given.
Types of Extractions:
- Asimple extraction
- A surgical extraction.
Wisdom Teeth Extractions